Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: I didn't know this was a law.....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I didn't know this was a law.....

    I was skimming thru the FYI's like I do everyday and saw a very odd violation...........hold it


    Failure to dim headlights

    WTF, how in the world does that warrant a ticket. That is ascinine. I believe I would have given a warning. Could you imagine getting a $25 ticket or whatever it is for something like that.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    Means they were "bright lighting" someone...it's always been against the law.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    By that do you mean: get behind someone and flicker your brights at them or do you mean get behind someone and just keep your brights turned on. Either way, that is still a pretty stupid way to write a ticket. I wasn't there so it could've potentially caused an accident depending on how severe but geez, did somebody come up short for the quota this month.

    That is just one of those you don't see very often.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    Most often, tickets are given after someone complains...but when I was 20 years old, I had just bought a Camaro and unintentionally flashed a cop and he pulled me over. But riding with brights on behind or oncoming is illegal.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    I do that sometimes not even paying attention. I will accidently hit the brights putting on my turn signal and not realize I did it until about 200-300 yards down the road. Better watch it now, because they might write me up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    Bright lights have caused more than one wreck. Older folks can't adjust to them as well.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do that sometimes not even paying attention. I will accidently hit the brights putting on my turn signal and not realize I did it until about 200-300 yards down the road. Better watch it now, because they might write me up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>


    Especially in Norton.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    That was who wrote the above mentioned ticket I was talking about. As if that wasn't obvious already.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Gatorade_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2005
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    40% of drunk drivers that are takin to jail are pulled over because of driving with their brights on

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I didn't know this was a law.....

    LOL yeh that what I was gonna say its a great reason pull someover just to check em out. Been used alot for just that
    GO VOLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •